Sunday, June 21, 2009

Hashem loves us!

Hi,
This is Chaya Sara's sister writing - Baruch Hashem I just gave birth to a precious little baby boy a little over two weeks ago and I wanted to share some thoughts with you...

A newborn baby is such a HUGE miracle!! When you look at them, you see perfection. You see innocence and purity. I look at my newborn and think, he is so pure and I wish he can remain that way. He is pure potential - whatever is put into him is what he will become! He doesn't know anything - it is up to me to fill his heart with love for Hashem, love for torah and mitzvos and love for othert people!!! And I daven and cry that I will do my job properly and he will grow up to be a person who always has Hashem in his life...

It's amazing how I feel sooo much LOVE for my tiny newborn when he didn't do anything to deserve my love!! all he really did was cause me pain/make me lose some of my energy while I was pregnant (not that I'm complaining chas v'shalom...), cause me more pain when I gave birth to him and now he keeps me up at night & just takes & takes & takes...he says, feed me, change me, hold me, bathe me...but I just love him no matter what! no matter how much he cries, no matter how much he screams, no matter how many diapers need to be changed...and no matter how many times I have to change my linen (because of a little squirt or because he made through his diaper while he was on my bed...) I still just love him sooo much!!
And this is all just to show us how much HASHEM LOVES US!!!!! No matter what we do, we are Hashem's children!! It says in tehillim, Banim atem laHashem, you are Hashem's children! And when you look at a parent's love for a child, you can begin to get a glimpse of Hashem's unconditional love for us! Not because we deserve it, but for no reason at al!!! We didn't earn

Hashem's love, it's just that Hashem loves us because we are His children - that's all!!!!!


Here's another thought - I was in middle of feeding my baby when he fell asleep. I wanted him to wake up so I can finish feeding him and so he won't be hungry but what can I do, he fell asleep?! So I started to tickle his toes. Sometimes that works but this time it didn't and he just continued sleeping...so I opened up the snaps on his stretchie, cuz sometimes the exposure to cold air wakes him up. But that didn't work either. So I picked him up and started to burp him, tap, tap, tap n his back. That seemed to do the trick! He woke up and was about to cry, but I quickly fed him.
So here's what I was thinking...When I was patting my son on the back and he woke up, he must've been thinking, "What is my mommy doing to me?! I'm trying to sleep and she's slapping me!! I'm tired, I want to sleep...."
But then, just as my son was about to open his mouth to cry, he realized he was getting the most delicious food ever!!
Hashem is trying to wake us up so He can give us all the beautiful gifts He has in store for us! But we are asleep, busy with all the distractions of the outside world!!! Hashem wants to give us all the sweet rewards a life of Torah and mitzvos has to offer, but we are too busy with so many other things to notice the beauty so Hashem says, I'll wake you up slowly, with brachos, good news, stories of inspiration, little everyday miracles...but we don't get it! We are waaaay too busyfor Hashem and His messages. So Hashem says, then I'll have to wake you up using a different method...and then comes the tap, tap, tap - hardships and pain, all just to get you to turn to Hashem!! And once you open up your mouth and turn to Hashem, He will fill your life with sooo much bracha! All He really wants from you is for you to live with Him every day of your life!!
Think of ways to bring Him into your every day life, talk to Hashem at any moment cuz He's always there for you and always available; He's never too busy to listen to you!! And then you will see that your life will be sooo much more fulfilling and so much more meaningful because there is nothing as sweet as a life of closeness to Hashem!!

11 comments:

  1. devoiry!! pls teach the world how to live, how to give, and how to believe if i would look into yur heart i would see the face of hashem!! you live soo connected in everything you do you look to see what life lesson you could teach the world!! you are the one who inspires all of us! you made this blog for me and now so many ppl are getting ssooo much chizzuk from it! its all your zechus!
    one of my students decided hey i have soso much to share why not open up my own blog,so she did!!tonight was her first post and its so profound. you see how one small thing that one person does affects many more ppl!!
    may your precious Shalom Baruch be a child who is ohev Shalom and a bracha to you and every person he meets!! your tears are sooo worth it!! pls cry for him bec that will be the way you could plant him into a real beautiful Neshama who will live the life of torah that you dream for him!! HE IS SOOO LUCKY TO HAVE YOU FOR A MOTHER ONE DAY HE WILL KNOW!!
    FROM YOUR SISTER WHO KNOWS HOW LUCKY SHE IS TO HAVE YOU IN HER LIFE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! that was stunning!when something bad happens our first tendency is to get angry at Hashem but really he just wants to pour his blessings into us. i hope your little son gives you much nachas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think the love that a mother has for her baby is nothing short of a miracle. can't wait for some of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful. Thanks, Devoiry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Devoiry-
    Your son is really lucky to have you as his mommy!!!
    You're so amazing! I really learn a lot from you :)

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! what u wrote was amazing and true, im going to take that and try to apply it to my life, meaniing i will try to connect Hashem into everything thing. I love it how u connected it to ur child thats so sweet, i bet u are an amazing mother & he will grow up to be a big tzadik nd will very much appriciate u & so will all of ur other children b"h

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mazel Tov Devoiry! May your son emulate the great ways of the person he was named after.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!!
    Thanks for posting.
    Absolutely amazing. Chaya Sara-you have a special sis:)

    Mazel Tov to both of you, and may he give all of you real nachas!

    It's soooooo true what you wrote here. If only we'd all realize it, and take it all to a practical level.

    Devoiry, hatzlacha, and Hashem should answer all your tefillos l'tova.

    Mazel Tov!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this might soound wrong and i hope i don't undo what you wrote. but on the first thought its very nice taht you and all parents take cear and love their children for no reason. But, at the same time a parent that brings a child into the world has an oblegation to love taht child adn take cear of that child, by bring a child into the world its like sighning a contaract that she will love and cear for for her child. and a peant that doesn't do that has to deal with child- well-fair because tath pearnt had an oblegationa dn didn't fallow it. So to with Hashem its not only that He loves us for nothing because really He has to love us and take cear of us. i know this view is probly whorpted but, this is how I see it even if it it wrong so feeel free to camment please do sot atha i can change my view and have to proper one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. To the writer of the previous post, thank you for being so open to ask.
    I honestly don't know whether Hashem is required to take care of us or not... I can tell you though that Hashem only created the world for us. If He wouldn't have created the world, He wouldn't be missing anything. But Hashem is the ultimate meitiv/ Giver and created the world simply to give and give to us all the best things in this world, and most importantly THE best and most pleasurable thing - having a relationship with Him. Many times in olam hazeh we can not understand how that is the best thing, but in olam habeh when we get there after a hundred and twenty we will experience that special closeness and pleasure that we can not imagine!! (People that have had an out of body experience and gone up to the upper world, come back to this world and say that as soon as they (temporarily) "died," they felt such pleasure just from being in the upper world - not even in gad eden yet.
    So, to get back to your question, I don't know whether Hashem is obligated or not - yet He promised us that He will never destroy us and even more than that will sustain us and give and give and give to us ALWAYS!
    Continue to ask and get your answers - I don't know who you are, but I respect you for it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm experiencing a low in my spirituality so I came here for chizuk and of course I got it! It is INCREDIBLE how yousee EVERYTHIGN in life as a way to connect to Hashem. Life is all a metaphor, a mashal, for Hashem. We have hands to understand how Hashem has Hands, we have feelings to give us a glimpse into what it's like for Hashem to Feel, we dream so that we understand that this world, too, is fleeting, and now I see that we have children to understand the love Hashem has. I wishhh I could be connecting everything to Hashem every moment of life! You are soo amazing that you can! Continue enlightening others with your inspiration! Thanks youuu!!

    ReplyDelete

You made it to the end of this post! What do you think about it?