Sunday, November 29, 2009

We all want to come home to our Our Father In Heaven

I'm a long way from Home
I'm so far from the Palace
And I want to return
but I can't find my way
I've been searching so long
I don't know if I can go on...anymore
And if I do return will I find that open door

Father, I long to come back to You
I wish I could ease Your pain
I know I don't look like a princess now
But inside I'm still the same

Oh, Father please bring me back Home
All these years as a peasant have taken their toll
I know I don't look like the daughter You lost
but she's here inside my soul

To be the daughter of the King
to be descended from Nobility
I dream of just how it would be to be-
the daughter of Royalty

To act with grace and royal pride
to have true dignity inside
I've always thought that it must be that I am

a daughter of Royalty

I'm a long way from home
I'm so far from the palace
And I want to return
but I can't find my way
I've been searching so long
I don't know if I can go on...anymore

And if I do return will I find that open door
I'm a long way from Home...
I'm so far from my Home...
Father please bring me Home...

6 comments:

  1. this poem is sooo beautiful!!! it has such a powerful message, no matter who you are and where you are in life there is always that door and that door will always be open for you cus you are a princess a bas melech hashems daughter!!!!!!! "i know i dont look like the daughter you lost BUT SHE'S HERE INSIDE MY SOUL" you may not look it at the moment or act it but you still want to do good and be close to hashem you want to feel hashem in your life....and you will if you just look around you'll find him you'll feel his love..his hug!!! even if you hold yourself back from doing something for even a couple of minutes, sec, days you get a tremendous reward FOR TRYING!!! thats what counts!!! we just have to want it daven for it and hashem WILL return us and will bring us back home!!! may you all feel hashems love surround you always and may we be zoche to greet moshiach and return home במהרה בימינו אמן!!!!!!!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shulamis thankss soooo much for your incredible unbelievable poem!!! I think its so warm and so loving! may you be zoche to bring many neshamos back to Hashem!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Chaya Sara. Except one thing-I didn't make it up. These are the words to that song those two girls sang to you...Thursday night I think it was?
    I hope everyone enjoys them as much as I did!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello u havent posted anything new this week post more insirieing things please!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just ran into this now, but I saw it and got excited - a teacher of mine from seminary, Mrs. Sara Zaidoff, wrote it. Its a really beautiful song and she is IYH putting out a CD really soon.

    ReplyDelete

You made it to the end of this post! What do you think about it?