Sunday, January 10, 2010

Tefillah - A Poem

I wrote this poem a while ago. Enjoy it!

There is a special gift given to mankind,
You don’t have to search far, it isn’t hard to find
Each person has a chance to connect to his creator,
Choose any time to do it, it can be sooner or later.

There is a special gift given to us all
It is the opportunity for each of us to call
To speak to Hashem at any time of day
You can always talk to Him, come what may.

Speak to Hashem in any language you know
Speak to Him all the time, wherever you go
Let Him know how you feel because He wants to hear
Let out all your pain, because He really cares

Even though Hashem knows whats going on inside,
And from Him there is nothing that you can hide
Still you should daven and keep the conversation flowing
Keep connecting to Hashem, no matter where you are going.

He wants to hear you, so just keep talking
Even when you are alone and on the road walking
Have a private conversation with Hashem above
He is waiting for you to reach out to Him and talk to Him with love.

Tefillah is not limited to certain times and places
Bring Hashem into your daily life, fill the empty spaces
You can talk to Hashem with your own words from your heart
And then you will feel so very close instead of far apart.

See, Hashem is up high, in the Heavens He does reign,
And I am sitting down in this world, I feel so low and plain,
So with this incredible power, with this special key,
I can unlock many doors and close together we can be.

I open my siddur and words spill straight out
I speak to Hashem, let Him know all my doubts,
I pour out my heart, let out my tears
To My One and Only Father, because I know He really cares.

I ask Him to heal me, cure my disease
I ask Him to sustain me, and bless me, please
You have so much bounty, can’t you just give?
So many people look towards you, please help us live!

You are the source, the one and only Power,
I know I can turn to you at any hour,
You answer my requests, listen to my pleas,
You know what is best for me, you know all my needs.

I am so lucky to be able to talk to Hashem,
Don’t have to wait for an appointment, just go right ahead,
No need to pick up the phone and use a calling card,
It’s so much simpler than that, it isn’t so hard!

Hashem is available for all, young and old,
Just pass on the message, make sure everyone is told
When you feel you need to just talk it out
Speak to Him cuz that’s what this relationship is all about

Hashem loves when His children talk to Him,
And let Him know how everything has been
Just like a father loves to hear how his children are,
Hashem wants to hear from us, even when we feel far.

Just one more thing, don’t you forget
One other thing I haven’t mentioned yet
There is a great deal of gratitude that you owe
To the one Above for the bounty He showers down below.

We are given an unlimited amount of good
And it’s so important to remember that we should
Say thank you to Him for all He gives
Appreciation will enrich the way we live.

Think of your body, from your brain to your toes,
Think of your face, your eyes, ears and nose,
Your fingers and hands, your insides too,
There is so much to be thankful for, I just named a few!

The fact that we have family and friends who care,
We have food and clothing and a house that is near,
Shouldn’t we give Hashem our thanks?
Make a list from A to Z and fill in the blanks!!

Thank Hashem for all you see when shopping in a store,
And then you’ll find He’ll just continue to give you more,
For the more you acknowledge, the more you receive,
And then you’ll be much happier, this you can believe.

So now you know what tefilla’s all about,
It’s not just to scream, cry and shout,
It’s also a time to thank for all we own,
It’s the time for appreciation to be shown.

So use your time to connect to Hashem up above,
Thank Him for everything, show Him your love,
And Then He’ll continue to bless you with more,
And you’ll keep thanking Him, because there’s so much in store!

Thanking Him makes Him want to continue giving,
He will improve things and enhance every moment of living,
So before you call out to Him with a sigh,
And before you ask Him, “Hashem, oh why?!”

Remember…Think…Contemplate,
You are speaking to someone, oh so great
But first give Him a thank you, show your appreciation,
And then, only then, lay out your supplication.

Yes, Hashem is always waiting to hear,
He is your father, and you know He really does care,
So whenever you need a listening ear,
Or you just need to shed a tear,
Talk to Hashem because He is there!!

6 comments:

  1. totally gorgeous!
    i luv it.
    We seriously don't realize how lucky we are to be able to turn to Hashem at all times in all places under all circumstances. And He'll NEVER ignore us.It doesn't matter how far we've strayed or how much we've done wrong. He's there waiting for our call...
    Just think of Menashe Hamelech. He did soooooooo much worng, and did the worst aveiros. Not only did he serve avoda zara, but he brought Klal Yisroeal down with him. He was a king, and missed the opportunity to be able to change bnei yisroel so much! when he wanted to do teshuva, he tried to daven, but the Malachim closed all the shaarei shomayim. Hashem, an ever-loving Father, drilled a hole-under the KISEI HAKAVOD!!! and allowed the tefillos fo this Rasha to come through because he wantes to return.
    We can never say that we don't deserve to daven, we're unworthy of prayer. Because a sincere prayer and a true tefillah can overturn mountains and create a commotion such that Hashem will drill a hole beneath his Kisei Hakavod just to listen to a tefillah.
    Imagine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MW-thanks! Glad you liked it!

    SO-Wow. That is so true! Thanks for bringing out that point! It's amazing how lucky we are to be able to daven!!
    (and thanks for the comment - even without me emailing you for one!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this poem is beautiful! it would fit really well with a song, i think! I feel it's special when someone can have conversations with Hashem in his mind... like even when you're walking on the street! thanks for sharing this poem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. R - go right ahead! And once you have the tune, let me know so you can sing it to me!! :-)
    And yes, maybe I'll write a post about that - talking to Hashem at any time, as if He's your friend! Thanks for the idea...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This poem was awesome ! im on vacation right now and so sometimes it is harder to daven and I am soooooooooo HAPPY i read this bc it gave me a massive boost of inspiration and when I read this poem I automattically started thinking of all the things Im soooo lucky to have that Hashem gave me !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks , keep on inspiring the world! This website is seriously COOL!

    ReplyDelete

You made it to the end of this post! What do you think about it?