Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Life is such a gift from hashem

Today I was thinking about how much we have in our lives realizing the gift of health.
Let me help you understand what I mean. I went for a blood test today since I am having a small procedure done to me on mon. I have an assist on my head and it has to be removed.
So the nurse asks me are you sick with malaria, or many sicknesses that I never even heard of. I was like noo baruch hashem there is nothing wrong with me.WOW I AM SOOO LUCKY!!! She said dont worry i am just giving you a small blood test. I was so scared and nervous. As soon as I was done I got so dizzy I had to lie down. So she says to me, HOW WILL YOU EVER GIVE BIRTH??? ITS A NIGHTMARE COMPARED TO THIS. I was like really," wow im excited to give birth!!"
As I was laying there in the bed I was so in awe of hashem that every part of my body is working so perfectly. Who thinks about this that our bodies work so perfectly its is the greatest gift in the world!! So many people are waiting in the waiting room with real scary sicknesses, and me i am going to be home in a few hours!! HASHEM IS SO GOOD TO US!! WE HAVE SOO MUCH TO THANK HASHEM FOR. I JUST SAT IN THE ROOM CRYING AND THANKING HASHEM FOR GIVING ME THE BIGGEST GIFT OF LIFE HEALTH!!
We must remember that every moment is such a gift from Hashem and noticing that when you are not feeling well hey! Hashem made sure that every day of the year i would be 100 percent healthy and only one day i am not feeling well!!! Lets try to focus on how much hashem protects us, BY MODIM THANK HASHEM FOR AT LEAST ONE OR TWO THE PARTS OF YOUR BODY THAT ARE WORKING SO PERFECTLY!! Example: My feet work, my hands work, my heart works so perfectly!!
Think of someone who broke their foot or hurt any part of their body, its sooo hard to do things. Someone told me that she broke her hand and she was not able to button her shirt with only one hand! Another girl told me how she broke her ankle and could not walk out of her bed! So we need to look out for all the gifts that Hashem gives us!!
We take it so forgranted lets think about it for a few extra min. so that hashem will see that we appriciate the gift of life and he will watch over our bodies.
Have an awesome day where you notice the gifts of life!!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks again Chaya Sara for your kind words of inspiration. Good luck on Monday with your cyst. In addition to all the seemingly "big" parts of our body that are in working order as you mentioned, we should also stop to appreciate the parts we don't normally think about, ex. blinking, swallowing, etc.... every part of our body is so vital even those we don't know about or understand (those interesting named muscles, veins, nerves...ask anyone who took anatomy, they'll tell you they broke their teeth over pronouncing the names). Thanks again!!! Can't wait to read your next addition

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all these beautiful lessons! I am teaching my class the bracha of Modim so this is a perfect lesson to give over to them! You see, your chain of inspiration keeps moving to many, many people! Hatzlacha Rabbah! Can't wait for more! Di zechusim zulen dir beishtein!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chaya Sara, I've actually been thinking about this...it's so sad that we often don't pay attention to health until we're not feeling well. It's such an amazing thing to be able to thank Hashem for health while we are HEALTHY! Asher yatzar is a bracha that speaks all about this and we get to say it numerous times a day!! Thank you for this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post came at the perfect time for me - I was home from work these past 2 days sick as anything...trust me, no fun to be home sick but yes, u put everything into perspective! I am so lucky to be healthy and I should be more aware and thankful to Hashem on the days that I feel totally fine!!!!
    Health is a real bracha and I should take more time to thank Hashem for the times I am healthy!! Every single part of my body works perfectly fine every day...and today when I am sick is when you send this wake up call to me!! Thanks for the inspiration!!
    You are the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you chaya sara! I'm aliza-baila's friend, and she gave me the link to your site. Im really enjoying it. Its amazing how you can touch so many people all over the world!(i'm reading your posts from eretz yisroel)keep using your talents to inspire others!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for your words of wisdom! They are truly inspirational!
    I am a second grade teacher and every Sunday morning we sing a song thanking Hashem and then every girl writes down on a little card something that they are thankful to Hashem. Now that it is the end of the year I would like each girl to make something special using all the things that they are thankful. I was wondering if you might have a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you so much for your most amazing website!!!!!!!!!!! may we be zoche to see mashiach bimheira biyameinu Amen!!!!!!!
    pesach kasher vesameach!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

You made it to the end of this post! What do you think about it?