Thursday, March 21, 2013

Blessings

Do we realize how blessed we are?

I'm packing up to go away for yom tov. There is so much to do, it's kind of overwhelming. I make a list and start going through it one thing at a time. As I pack, I look at the clothing I am taking and my heart fills with gratitude to Hashem.

Look at all these colors! I have so many choices of tops, sweaters, the perfect color shell...it's such a gift!

I start packing up my children. Baruch Hashem, they have plenty of clothing. I am so grateful. Little girls are so much fun to dress. My daughter has way too much to wear; I may not have to do any laundry while we are gone.

Is that normal?

I think back to just a few generations ago. How many dresses did a little girl own? One? If someone was a little more wealthy, maybe they had a second dress? I don't know. But they certainly couldn't compete with my daughter's wardrobe.

Hashem has given us so much good.

Look at our choices of clothing-colors, textures and a perfect, comfortable fit. We can buy a shell that matches to the top with such precision, it is truly amazing.

Do we realize how blessed we are?

I go into the tights store and decide to buy my daughter a pair of cute bobby socks. So many choices! And they make such pretty ones these days. My daughter will be a princess this yom tov. The woman shows me another few choices. I decide to take just one pair. How many socks does a little two-year old need anyway? How much am I spoiling my little girl? She already has so much. Does she need even more?

I think about the bounty our generation has been blessed with while I admire the pretty bows, flowers and headbands in the store.

Yes, we are truly blessed.

We only need to open our eyes and we will see...just how much good Hashem has showered upon us. It's easy to miss it...but sometimes it stares you right in the face.

May you be able to notice the good things you've been blessed with and may Hashem continue to shower you with loads of goodness and extra bracha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You made it to the end of this post! What do you think about it?