Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Spoken Words-A Poem

This poem was written by S.R. Thank you for emailing it to me and allowing me to share it with everyone here.


I talked to You, Hashem, today

I wonder if You heard.

I tried to pick up forsaken treasures

But did You hear my words?


I opened pages so close, so far

And read aloud each word.

A voice once hesitant again poured forth

As the soul inside me stirred.


I wondered as I stood alone

Two feet close like one,

If I were an angel by Your side,

Could I still be Your son?


Did you know when I was far

That pain was there like stones-

Blocking off my path to go

Obstructing ways once home?


Were You there when I was lost

At the times I couldn’t see-

In the moments when all was dark

Too much for me to see me?


In those days, the longest yet

Far outstretching years,

When I sat low, detached, so far,

Why’d you have faith in me?


Was it okay that I talked to none

You’re presence inclusive with all?

For like I said, I was a son

Leaving angels for Your halls…


Why, now, after I stayed so far

When I try to connect with You,

Does something say it’s okay for me

To speak the words I do?


Is it really when I’ve strayed so far

And connection brought to nil-

Unable to muster three short words

Content with “One day I will.”?


Why, within me is a voice

That says, “Child, it’s fine.”

For between the words “One day I will”,

Was, ‘Dad, still call me Mine.”

1 comment:

  1. yum! heart rendering thak yo so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

You made it to the end of this post! What do you think about it?