Sunday, December 29, 2019

A Stabbing

A stabbing
In Monsey
Leaves me shaking
Quaking
There's this
Unsettling
Feeling
Inside of me
And I want to do something!
Anything
To protect myself
And my family
It's getting too close
Too close to home
First Jersey City
Now Monsey
It's too scary
And I'm scared
Scared for
My safety
Scared for
My family
Scared for
My Nation 
The Jewish People
I want everyone
To be safe
I have ideas
I have plans
Things to do
Things not to do
We can't lock ourselves
In our houses
In our homes
This is crazy! 
Our homes are not safe
The streets are not safe
This world is not safe
And I want to protect myself
And all those close to me
So we won't be touched
By this unseen force
Of destruction 
Of death
Of hatred 
And suddenly 
It hits me
I need to give up control 
To the One who controls everything 
I never had control 
Over my safety 
And security 
In the first place
Hashem controls
It all
He controls 
Whether I wake up every morning 
He controls 
My every breath
And He controls 
Who walks the streets
Who pulls the trigger 
He controls 
Who pulls out
A machete
And He continues 
To protect us
To watch over us. 
We don't understand 
We don't have to 
Understand 
His crazy plan
It's too big
For our little brains
To understand 
But we must
Strengthen our trust
Pray for those who are hurt
And hope
For their healing
And hope 
For our safety 
All the while
Remembering
Internalizing 
That He is the one
Who controls it all. 
Hashem...? 
Please
Heal those who were hurt
Protect us all
And keep us safe
Bring us 
The ultimate safety 
And security 
Under the wings of
Your shechina.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You made it to the end of this post! What do you think about it?