Thursday, July 3, 2014

Peace

Why?
My heart screams
Why?
Why did this have
To happen?
How?
How?
My insides shout
How did this happen?
How did Hashem
Allow this to happen?
And how?
How will these families
Go on?
Be comforted?
Will they ever
Find comfort
In this loss
In this brutal murder
Of their young sons?

I know
I know there are
No
Answers
In this world
I know this is
An upside-down world
Where good and bad
Are confused
Where happy and sad
Are diffused
Where we don’t know
What is true good
What is really bad
We just don’t know
But there is a plan.

I know
That
I don’t know
But still
I can’t help it
I can’t help crying
I can’t help feeling
This pain
I can’t help wishing
To understand
I know I can’t
I know I wont
In this world
They do.

Those up There
They understand
They know
They are at peace
In a better place
While we
Down here
Continue to
Struggle
Question
Ask
Wonder
Challenge
Wish
And cry.

They don’t need to
Struggle
Or question
They have no
Questions
They have no
Tears
These young boys
And all the other
Little boys
Whose lives ended
Way too soon
For those
Close to them.

They are happy
Up There
Their neshamos rejoice
In that very special place
Reserved for those
Very special souls
Who are held so close
To the One Above
Caressed with love
They know
It’s all for the good
They understand
This is how it should
Be.

There is a plan
Hashem’s guiding Hand
Orchestrated this.
But…this?
Something is amiss
I imagine bliss-up There
So then why
Did they have to die
Like this?
In a way
That makes everyone
Cry?
Why?
If they are going
Up to a place
Of eternal Peace
Then why?
Did they have to die
With such hatred
By bloodthirsty
Murderers?
Animals.
Is that how
They rose
Ascended
To the melech malchei hamlochim
To the place
Of Ultimate Peace?
By dying
This way?

Perhaps-
Perhaps it is
The peace
The unity
The achdus
The togetherness
That was achieved
Through these
Two plus weeks
To find
These missing
Boys
Our boys
Perhaps this
Peace
That came about
Through their
Disappearance
Through their
Tragic story
The unity
The prayers
The mitzvos
The tzeddakah
The peace
Between all
The breaking
Of barriers
Between all
Colors, stripes
Levels and types.

Maybe
Just maybe
The zechus
Of the peace
Their death brought
To this world
Down Here
Brought them up
Way up
There
To a place
Of Ultimate
Peace.

No, they didn’t die
With hatred
They died
With love
Unity
Brotherhood
Achdus
Connection
Between all
Jews.

May their souls
Rise up
May their families
Be blessed
With comfort
From
The Only One
Who can.
May their families
Be strengthened
By the unity
And peace
These little boys
Brought
Onto this world.

This is part of an even longer poem I wrote after I heard the very sad news about these boys and tried to work though some of my questions by writing out my feelings. If you want to see the whole poem, send me an email.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You made it to the end of this post! What do you think about it?